Let Us Help

Call: (909) 612-5787

732 N. Diamond Bar Blvd., Ste. 210,
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
Please enter your first and last name
Please enter your email address


You need to upgrade your Flash Player
Business Law
Construction Law
Estate Planning
Family Law
Landlord & Tenant
The Law Offices of Gloria D Cordova - Legal Blog
Tuesday, 01 July 2014 13:19

Advanced Healthcare Directive

    Having an Advanced Healthcare Directive (“AHCD”) is not only recommended for elder adults and those facing physical challenges, but for everyone, young or old, healthy or sick.  An AHCD allows you to direct an agent as to precisely what  medical treatment–or lack of treatment-- should be taken if you were to become incapacitated and unable to make the decisions for yourself.  Not only can you appoint the agent (attorney-in-fact) you trust to enforce the guidelines you set forth in your AHDC, it also allows you to instruct specific healthcare treatments, organ donations and even funeral arrangements.  Tragedy, sickness and disease has no age limit and preparing in advance is cost effective, can save a lot of headache, confusion and even disagreements that can arise between family members during such a stressful time–even families that never have strife.


Published in Estate Planning
Wednesday, 04 June 2014 08:06

Power of Attorney


    Creating a Power of Attorney is very simple and has plenty of benefits and advantages. This legal document allows you to give authorization to an individual, known as an agent (or attorney-in-fact), to mange your property and finances.  The agent can take care of everyday tasks on your behalf while you are away or unable to do so yourself.  It can last for a limited time and then expire or even a lifetime if you prefer.  If “durable,” this legal document allows the appointed individual to handle your property and finances if you were to ever become incapacitated or incompetent. 

Published in Estate Planning
Thursday, 05 December 2013 08:41

The BIG Bankruptcy Misconception

    A BIG common misconception when filing for a chapter 7 bankruptcy is that you must give up your property to pay off your debts. This misconception is false! When determining if a chapter 7 bankruptcy is right for you, it is a good idea to first consult with a bankruptcy attorney. A bankruptcy attorney can discuss your options, further examine your intentions and what will work best for you. The true fact is that you actually have options in determining which property you want to keep and the vast majority of people end up keeping everything they want.

Published in Bankruptcy
Thursday, 05 December 2013 08:14


    During, or even after separation or divorce, parenting can be quite difficult. Not only are you adjusting to the change caused by separation or divorce, but so is your child or children. Change is hard for any age group. But healthy contact with both parents is critical to the psychological health of the children. This must be made a priority, despite the fact there may be hard feelings between you and your soon-to-be ex-spouse. A written custody and visitation agreement, also known as a parenting plan, can be mutually agreed upon by both parents. There are different parenting plans which can work for each child's age group as well as your particular situation and which should be considered to determine the best interests of your child or children. Parents must consider both physical and legal custody when determining their parenting plan. Here are a few things which should be taken into consideration when developing a parenting plan.

Published in Family Law
Thursday, 31 October 2013 12:59

Child Support Orders

Each parents of a minor child equally have equal financial support obligations for his or her child under the law. This means that they are equally liable for medical, dental, psychiatric and other medical costs. However, the court will award support to one of the parties, based on the amount of time spent with each party, the income each party receives, and a few other items.

Published in Family Law
Thursday, 01 August 2013 08:09


    How are conservatorships created and why are they beneficial? A court has the authority to appoint an individual or an organization as a "conservator" to manage a person, a person's estate or sometimes both. This appointment occurs when the person is unable to care for themself or manage their own financial affairs. The cared for person is known as the "conservatee." Generally, the conservatee is seriously incapacitated. He or she may be in a coma or suffering from the effects of a tragic accident or more typically, suffering with a serious illness such as Alzheimer's or simply age-related

Published in Estate Planning
Friday, 01 February 2013 11:47

Dissolution Basics

The state of California is a “no fault” state, which means that a spouse does not have to prove the other spouse did something wrong. Moreover, it is not necessary for both spouses to agree to end a marriage.The first spouse to file a Petition for dissolution is called the “Petitioner,” and the other spouse is then the “Respondent.”  Once the petition to commence a dissolution is filed, the other spouse has thirty days after he or she is served to file their response. The respondent cannot stop a dissolution process even if he or she does not agree or want a dissolution.

Published in Family Law
2010 © The Law Offices of Gloria D. Córdova - All Rights Reserved

Office Location

The Law Offices of Gloria D. Córdova
t: (909) 612-5787 | www.GCordovaLaw.com
732 N. Diamond Bar Blvd., Ste. 210
Diamond Bar, CA 91765