Let Us Help

Call: (909) 612-5787

732 N. Diamond Bar Blvd., Ste. 210,
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
Please enter your first and last name
Please enter your email address


You need to upgrade your Flash Player
Business Law
Construction Law
Estate Planning
Family Law
Landlord & Tenant

Gloria D. Córdova, Family Law Attorney

Diamond Bar Family Law, Custody, Support, and Property Legal Services

Gloria D. Córdova provides legal services in all areas of family law including. Dissolution /Divorce, Child Custody and visitation, Child Support, Spousal Support, Property Issues, Modifications, Paternity and Restraining Orders. A dissolution of marriage, also called a divorce, ends your marriage. When you get dissolution of marriage, you can ask the judge to make orders about custody and visitation, child and spousal support, the division of your property and who will be responsible for paying debts.


Child custody and visitation indicates who your child or children will live with and how you and your spouse will share parenting responsibilities. When you and your spouse separate, the two of you must decide which parent your child or children will live with and how you two will share your parenting responsibilities. You and your spouse may make your own parenting agreement and it can be filed with court where the judge, who makes the final decision, usually approves the arrangement. However, if you and your spouse do not agree on a parenting plan, the two of you will be required to attend a mandatory parent education program and mediation. Mediation is provided at no-cost and gives you and your spouse the opportunity to discuss with a neutral health profession the best plan for your child or children. If you reach an agreement, the mediator will draft a custody and visitation plan. If you do not reach an agreement, the judge will have to make the decisions.


Child support is the amount of money that the court order one parent to the other parent every month for the support of the child or children. The State of California has a formula for figuring out how much child support should paid in all cases. Generally, child support payments are made until the child turns 18 or 19 if they are still in high school full time, living at home and cannot support themselves. You and your spouse may agree to support a child longer.


Spousal support is a court order for one spouse to the other spouse a certain amount of support money each month. The judge will take many things into considerations when deciding what spousal support should be, including the length of your marriage, the age and health of you and your spouse, the income you and your spouse can ear on your own, the number of mine children at home, and the history of the way the you and your spouse handled money during your marriage.


The State of California has adopted community property law. Community property is all property acquired by you or your spouse during your marriage while living in California. You and your spouse may agree as to how your property will be divided. But absent an agreement, the property will be allocated by the judge and must be a net equal division of all the community property.


As the situation and circumstances change, modifications may be made to child and spousal support, and custody and visitation. Examples of a change of circumstances that may permit a modification include losing a job, you or spouse moving away, or the need of you child or children changing as they grow older.

  • Paternity Issues with Child Custody, Support and Modifications
  • Restraining Orders
2010 © The Law Offices of Gloria D. Córdova - All Rights Reserved

Office Location

The Law Offices of Gloria D. Córdova
t: (909) 612-5787 | www.GCordovaLaw.com
732 N. Diamond Bar Blvd., Ste. 210
Diamond Bar, CA 91765